Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Book review Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina

Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina by Loree Lough

Synopsis
Holly has been hired to spend the summer in Folly Beach to help Parker write a research book about sea turtles.  She stays at a Bed and Breakfast run by Parker's mother, Maude.  Soon, she becomes part of the family, or as close as possible.  Parker, who recently returned from serving in Afghanistan, helps take care of his mother and the B&B.  Their strained relationship quickly becomes apparent to Holly but neither are willing to discuss it.  Hank, Maude's "boyfriend", knows the family secrets but loves Maude with all his heart even though she does not return his feelings.  When Maude suffers a heartattack, she is forced to explain Parker's past to him, changing his outlook on life, family and his future...and Maude's as well.

My thoughts
I am thankful to have won this book on Michelle Sutton's blog site.  Thank you Michelle!
I loved the description of Folly Beach.  I would love to visit this Bed and Breakfast, Parker's home, and the local diner sometime.  I also thought the history about the area woven into the book was interesting.  Personally, I was hoping there would be more details about the sea turtles but, as an environmental enthusiast, the average reader would probably not have the same level of interest as I do.
I also didn't feel that I had a handle on the relationship building that was going on between Parker and Holly until the middle.  At times it seemed that things were moving quickly between them, then on the next page it seemed that they were strangers.  This could have been part of the conflict between characters but for me, it left me confused.
I liked how the story was brought together at the end.  All conflicts were resolved in a very "happily ever after" way.
I look forward to reading more books in the Love Finds You series, as well as more books by Loree Lough.

No comments:

Post a Comment