Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Smile as Big as the Moon


Did anyone see the Hallmark move “A Smile as Big as the Moon” on Sunday night?  I have to say I am a sap for Hallmark movies but this one was especially special to me.

It was a true story of a teacher, Mike Kerjses (played by John Corbett) and a former Forest Hills administrator, Robynn McKinney who started a program called Space is Special for special needs students in 1989.  What an incredible effort this must have been!


I am so thankful for the work that Kerjses and McKinney have done and their advocacy of individuals with special needs.  It is so good to see these kinds of stories being shown on prime time TV to bring attention to these children and others like them.

4 comments:

  1. I am also so pleased to see some wholesome entertainment these days! There is just so much NOT worth watching anymore! These movies are refreshing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is good to see some positivity on TV once in a while.

      Delete
  2. I like John Corbett. He always plays some decent roles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like John Corbett too. My favorite was when he was in Northern Exposure. I loved that show!

      Delete