Thursday, September 13, 2012
Dog Days of Disney
It's Fall in the Magic Kingdom.
I just finished a week and a half long vacation including 2 days at Disney. The first day at Magic Kingdom, AKA the happiest place on Earth.
It has been a tradition for my best friend from high school and I to go to Disney at any available opportunity. We have been going since we were old enough to drive and have averaged at least annual trips. We missed a few years when I was living out of state and she was out of the country in the Navy. This year we have made up for lost time.
I noticed this time around that even though we have a great time, there are certain changes that have crept into our routine...
1. We arrive a little later than we used to. We used to wait for the gates to open and run to the line. Not so much anymore.
2. It used to be a chore to stop and eat. Now it's a welcome break.
3. The Teacups seem to spin a little faster than they used to! Even though we turn the turnstile in the middle to make them go faster, it has become exhausting!
4. The back and feet aren't as cooperative as they used to be, forcing me into very odd positions for some relief
5. There is NO spring in my step the next day!
However, it is still as fun as ever 20+ years later, and I'm already looking forward to the next time.
Just be home by midnight...
I wish I was there today. Instead I have returned back to work. Tomorrow will be my 11th anniversary at my job. Stay tuned for Day 2 to postpone reality just a little longer.