The rules are as follows:
1. Sign up on the linky below.
2. Share the story of how you met your significant other, be it your husband, boyfriend or partner, in 100 words or less.
3. Post a picture that was taken around the time you met.
4. Link back to my blog somewhere in your post. (http://melindadozier.blogspot.com) or add the blog button at the top.
5. Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Spread the word!Visit at least three other links on the day of the hop and leave comments.
I had just gotten out of a relationship that was going nowhere and was ready to be single for a while. I decided to spend my Saturday afternoon at the lake with the local kayaking group. There, we were introduced and started talking. I can’t remember what the conversation was about but I felt an instant connection.
For the next few weeks we ran into each other a few times with mutual friends. Then, he started calling every Saturday to go kayaking. We moved in together a few months later and today, almost five years later, we are still together.
I'm cheating a little with the picture but I couldn't resist. Soon after we got together, we went on a 5 day paddle down the Suwannee River. This was taken on the trip. Beautiful, isn't it?
We didn't have any pictures taken together because we were pretty much alone on the river, unless you count the foxes that invaded us one night!