Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for Kazoo

Anyone can play the kazoo, so no excuses!  If you can hum, you can play.

The kazoo was given its name by Warren Herbert Frost, its inventor, in 1883.  However this kazoo wasn't the "submarine" shape that is used today.  The submarine shaped kazoo was first invented by George D. Smith in 1902 in Buffalo, NY.  They are made of either metal or plastic.





And being the 80s girl that I am, here is a kazoo version of Europe's The Final Countdown :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Heather!

    What an amazing sound the Kazoo makes! Like that!

    I'm sure I'd have a lot of fun with it!

    The video is appreciated!

    Have a prosperous day!


    http://bettyalark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my on the Kazoo's the instrument that could drive my mom a little crazy at times when we were younger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't thought of the Kazoo is years! Love the video.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kazoo is the ONLY instrument I can play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been years since I've seen one of those! What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I'd finally find an instrument I could play! And I'm pretty good at humming! Yayy!
    I loved the kazoo version of The Final Countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't played a kazoo in ages. I love the video. I bet I could put out a pretty cool kazoo tune if I cloned myself too. ;)


    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make my own kazoos with a plastic comb and wax paper. The video was too short--I wanted more.


    Lee
    Places I Remember
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - Arlee, I remember making those in school, too! They would make me crazy, though, because they would tickle your lips when you played them! Hooray for kazoos, Heather - an instrument anyone can play!

    ReplyDelete